1. Who is required to have a Hoisting Operator's License?
If you work in Massachusetts and operate equipment that can:
Then you must hold the appropriate Hoisting License.
- Can raise over 10+ feet & +1 below
- Bucket capacity 1/4 yard or more
- Is capable of lifting over 500 pounds
2. What is the minimum age for holding a Hoisting License in Massachusetts?
The minimum age for holding a license is 18 or older.
3. Are your courses approved by the State of Massachusetts?
Yes, the classes you see listed on Educated Operator are approved by the State of Massachusetts for the training and re-certification of Hoisting Licenses. The courses we have set up have been used in classrooms for years with great success. Our courses have been set up by industry-recognized hoisting leaders and all Continuing Education Courses are approved by the state. See us at DPS. R. Spec Certifications LLC.
4. Is there a recommended Browser for these classes?
Yes, we recommend that you use either Chrome or Firefox to take these classes.
5. How do I register for a class?
You will need to sign up for an account before you can register for a class. Once you have set up the account you can click on the Course link from the main navigation and pick the class(es) you want to take.
When you click on the main class description you will be taken to a page with a more detailed description.
6. Do you offer Classroom Classes?
Yes, we do! 2A and 1C in 9 locations. We offer classes every weekend. www.massachusettshoistinglicense.com
7. Do your courses work on ipads?
Yes, our courses work on many devices: Ipads, phones, Macs, PC and Laptops. However bigger veiwing is better.
8. Can I start and stop taking the class?
Yes, you can. Once you've logged in and you find that you need to stop the class and return later simply click the Red X in the upper right corner of your screen. When you log back in the system will ask you if you'd like to resume where you left off.
9. Can I share my login information with my co-workers?
No, each class must be taken individually and can not be shared with anyone else. This allows us to make sure that you've really taken the course and who to provide the certificate to. Sharing the course with someone else also infringes on our copyright and we reserve the right to report and prosecute misuse of our courses.
10. Do you offer group discounts?
Yes, we do. Groups over 15 students please contact us at 508-212-4735 for pricing.
11. Do you have customer support?
Yes! We are available during normal business hours to answer your questions. Please see our Contact page
for more information.
12. How long does it take to get a test date from the state once ive sent in my application?
It takes approximately one month. If they state is missing anything they will contact you.
13. State phone number for answers to state questions:
14. How can I get an application for a test or to renew a license?
Put your cursor on the ONLINE TRAINING STORE tab above.