FAQs for Hoisting Operators
1. Who is required to have a Hoisting Operator's License?
If you work in Massachusetts and operate equipment that can:
Then you must hold the appropriate Hoisting License.
- Hold 1/4 yard or more of material
- Can raise over 10+ feet
- Is capable of lifting over 500 pounds
2. What is the minimum age for holding a Hoisting License in Massachusetts?
The minimum age for holding a license is 18 or older.
3. Are your courses approved by the State of Massachusetts?
Yes, the classes you see listed on The Educated Operator are approved by the State of Massachusetts for the training and re-certification of Hoisting Licenses. The courses we have set up have been used in classrooms for years with great success. Our courses have been set up by industry-recognized hoisting leaders and all Continuing Education Courses are approved by the state. See us at DPS. R. Spec certifications LLC.
4. How do I know my computer is set up to take The Educated Operator's Online Classes?
You can check to make sure your system is configured correctly to take The Educated Operator's online classes by clicking on the System Test in the lower left corner of your screen.
This will allow you to Test Your Workstation and make any necessary corrections to your system so the classes can be viewed.
5. Is there a recommended Browser for these classes?
Yes, we recommend that you use either Chrome or Firefox to take these classes.
6. How do I register for a class?
You will need to sign up for an account before you can register for a class. Once you have set up the account you can click on the Course Catalog link from the main navigation and pick the class(es) you want to take.
When you click on the main class description you will be taken to a page with a more detailed description. You can also click on the Red Apple/enroll button on this page. When you click on that button you will be taken to additional pages to sign up for the course.
7. Do you offer Combo Classes?
Yes, we do! Click on the Course Catalog page and you will be able to view the Re-certification Courses and the Test Prep Classes for both combo and individual classes.
8. Do you offer a Sample Test without charge?
Sure do! Head on over to our other site at Crane Classes and check us out! This will give you a great idea of what our classes and courses are like.
9. Can I start and stop taking the class?
Yes, you can. Once you've logged in and you find that you need to stop the class and return later simply click the Red X in the upper right corner of your screen. Please allow the next screen to finish loading the location of your class in your class file before closing the window altogether. When you see a Data Saved screen you know it's safe to exit. When you log back in the system will ask you if you'd like to resume where you left off.
10. My class says I have "Uncommitted Data". What does that mean?
As you progress through your class your information is saved in a file for you. When you see the Uncommitted Data message it means your class wasn't closed properly when you left a previous session. Simply click on the Uncommitted Data link in your account and your class should start again. If this error continues, please call support at 508-212-4735.
11. In www.TheEducatedOperator.com, lessons appear to be loading for an extended time period, but never launch successfully
The Safari pop-up blocker is preventing the lesson from launching.Applies To:
iOS 7 - iOS 8.0.0 devices and Safari.Background:
By disabling the "Block Pop-ups" option in your Safari browser settings, the lesson will launch successfully. Resolution:
Disable the "Block Pop-ups" option in your Safari settings on all iOS 7+ devices (iPads and iPhones):
- Open Settings on your iPad or iPhone.
- Select the Safari browser.
- Disable the "Block Pop-ups" option.
- Log into your Inquisiq R3 LMS.
- Launch a lesson on your iPad or iPhone (please note that it may take a few moments to load).
- Select "Allow" when a pop-up window appears indicating that "This site is attempting to open a pop-up window."
12. Can I share my login information with my co-workers?
No, each class must be taken individually and can not be shared with anyone else. This allows us to make sure that you've really taken the course and who to provide the certificate to. Sharing the course with someone else also infringes on our copyright and we reserve the right to report and prosecute misuse of our courses.
13. Do you offer group discounts?
Yes, we do. Please contact us at 508-212-4735 for pricing.
14. Do you have customer support?
Yes! We are available during normal business hours to answer your questions. Please see our Contact page
for more information.
15. What if my training is over and I still haven't gotten a test date. Do I need to pay again to refresh before my test?NO! Call us at 508-212-4735 and we will reset your account - FREE!
16. State phone number for answers to state questions: 617-826-5208
Still have a question? Fill out the form below and we'll respond right away!
| |Online Hoisting License and Online Hoisting Continuing Education Courses
Classroom Hoisting License and Classroom Hoisting Continuing Education Courses
MA Hoisting License | PO Box 2331 | Plainville, MA 02762 | 508-212-4735